Our client is a full-service civil and environmental engineering firm serving both the private and public sectors in Cary, North Carolina. As a 100% employee-owned company, they are a uniquely self-motivated group of professionals who provide full-service engineering, planning, and surveying. Environmental, Funding & Asset Management, Geomatics, Land Development & Planning, Stormwater, Transportation, and Utilities.
Our client has offices in Charlotte, Raleigh, Cary, and Greensboro.
We have openings for Project Managers on the Utilities Team in the Asheville, Cary, Charlotte, Greensboro and Raleigh Offices.
Project Managers are responsible and accountable for the systematic and consistent execution of projects including the supervision and management of clients, people, processes, and resources for the mutual success of Clients, Department, and Company. Responsibilities include coordination, communication, and enforcement of Company and Department processes, procedures, and standards and the promotion of Company culture and core values. They are responsible for the success and mentoring of the staff on their teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project, Client, and Team Management
- Track and coordinate resource needs with PM’s and other Departments
- Forecast workload for Team and address gaps or excessive workloads
- Manage critical projects, delegate projects, and engage in design as necessary
- Prepare critical agreements including scope, schedule, fees, and terms and conditions and communicate to project team members; review and authorize agreements for PM’s; review and approve sub consultant agreements
- Monitor and report the financial performance of all Team projects and proactively address changes in scope, billing processes, schedules, and any settlements
- Implement and monitor Accounting and Department procedures for invoicing and collections for Team and engage in procedure initiatives
- Responsible for oversight of the Team and potentially approval for designs, construction plans, bid documents, technical specifications and construction cost estimates
- Provide direction to and monitoring of your Team, utilizing experience to resolve scope, design, and other challenges ensuring adherence to all standards, QA/QC processes, and other policies related to project execution and management
Technical and Practice Leadership
- Responsible and accountable for coordination, input, and enforcement of all technical aspects and policies of the Department and Company
- Provide technical expertise and leadership for Team and Department. Determine and implement improved techniques, approaches, and alternative solutions
- Lead quality control/quality assurance development and implementation consistent with Company and Department standards and the requirements of the clients and regulatory agencies
Personnel and Team Leadership
- Lead, supervise, and monitor all assigned Team Members to achieve the goals and strategies for the Department
- Lead and/or participate in mentoring, career path planning and development (including training plans), performance plans, mentoring, and resource sharing for all Team Members
- Lead, develop, and implement effective communication, performance management, and strategic skills needed to achieve Company, Department, Team, and project goals.
- Lead, develop, and participate in Department/Company recruitment efforts and building your Team as directed
- Foster a positive environment; lead and engage in Company, Department, and Team meetings routinely, team building efforts, and community involvement
Client and Business Development
- Develop, implement, monitor, and participate in existing strategic client development and relationship processes for the Department and Team
- Coordinate the development of marketing collateral
- Monitor, review, and lead RFQ responses for responsible business sector
- Lead in strategic pursuit of potential clients per Department initiatives and the core values including organizing and participation in conferences/networking events
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Professional Engineer or ability to obtain registration within six months
- Experience managing utility (primarily water and sewer related) projects; preference given to public sector projects
- 8+ years of engineering experience with 3+ years managing teams
- Self-motivated, engaged, team-oriented, and strategic thinking with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Strong leadership and team building and engagement skills as well as excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of accounting principles, including budgeting and forecasting
- Execute multiple tasks under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
- Experience with business and strategic planning processes
- Proven track record of developing existing and new client relationships
- Proven Track record of mentoring and coaching
- Demonstrate personal investment in your career
- Energetic, flexible, confident, and forward thinking
- Project Manager training and
The assignment may require infrequent evening/weekend work. Candidates should enjoy working in collaborative, fast-paced, and client-driven environments.
The assignment may occasionally require repetitive physical tasks (such as operating a computer), standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time, extended time traveling in a vehicle, and carrying equipment and materials up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, military service, or other non-merit factors protected by federal, state, or local laws.