Our client is an environmental engineering consulting firm that works mainly for the state of Texas and municipalities. They have offices in Austin, Houston, and San Antonio.
This position can be based out of our Austin or Round Rock office.
We are looking for an experienced Civil Engineer and Project Manager with 10 or more years of experience in planning, design, and project management on water and wastewater and municipal infrastructure projects to work from either the Austin or Round Rock Office focusing on managing utility design and municipal water/wastewater projects. Recent and ongoing design projects include design of water and wastewater treatment plants, pipelines, pump stations, lift stations, and water modeling.
- Working with junior staff and assisting in the direction of other technical staff to produce quality designs and plans
- Performing civil engineering planning and analysis, detailing, and plan set production
- Project management responsibilities include task, budget, and schedule management, as well as client interaction.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Texas PE license or the ability to obtain a Texas PE license within 6 months of hire
- 10-15 years of experience in municipal infrastructure including water and wastewater pipelines, storage tanks, and pump station project planning, detailed design, and construction administration
- 3 or more years of experience in project management and client service, including successful budget and schedule controls
- 3 or more years of experience in managing and mentoring junior staff
- Ability to work independently at times and as part of a multidisciplinary team at others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to convey engineering information concisely to technical and non-technical audiences
- The ideal candidate would possess specific experience performing work in a variety of municipalities and has experience giving Council/Board presentations.
- Successful experience with writing Statements of Qualifications and sales activities
Medical, Dental, and Vision offered, company paid Life/Disability, 401(k) Retirement Plan; 8 paid Holidays; Paid Time Off; and Alternative Work Week Schedule or the potential to Work From Home up to two (2) days a week.
Pay will be commensurate with experience.