Our client is an environmental engineering consulting firm that works mainly for the state of Texas and municipalities. They have offices in Austin, Houston, and San Antonio.
This position can be based out of our Austin, Houston, San Antonio, or Round Rock office.
We are looking for a Project Manager with a minimum of 10 years of experience working with the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). Their Transportation Business Practice encompasses work in the planning and design of transportation projects statewide for the (TxDOT), for regional organizations such as the Alamo Area Regional Mobility Authority, and with county and local governments in and around the Austin and San Antonio Metropolitan Areas.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with TxDOT including winning and managing work, conducting business development activities, and serving as the Project Manager for TxDOT projects. More specifically, the Project Manager is responsible for:
- Providing senior-level technical and project management services to TxDOT clients
- Performing transportation planning, analysis and design, and interpreting plans from other engineering-related disciplines (survey, utility, etc.)
- Working with and mentoring junior staff and other technical staff to produce quality designs and plans
- Supporting business development efforts with existing and potential clients
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- 10 or more years of experience in engineering design, plan production, and project management including successful budget and schedule control
- Texas PE license or the ability to obtain a Texas PE license within 6 months of hire
- TxDOT pre-certifications
- Knowledge and understanding of Municipal and TxDOT procedures, manuals, specifications, and standards, or similar experience
- Experience in successfully developing client relationships, winning work, and managing projects
- Ability to work independently at times and as part of a multidisciplinary team at others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to build relationships with team members
- Comprehensive experience in the preparation, budgeting, negotiation, and administration of teaming agreements and contracts
- Strong technical capabilities in design and planning
- Strong public speaking skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and Bentley design software
Medical, Dental, and Vision offered, company paid Life/Disability, 401(k) Retirement Plan; 8 paid Holidays; Paid Time Off; and Alternative Work Week Schedule or the potential to Work From Home up to two (2) days a week.
Pay will be commensurate with experience.