Our client is a full-service civil and environmental engineering firm serving both the private and public sectors in Cary, North Carolina. As a 100% employee-owned company, they are a uniquely self-motivated group of professionals who provide full-service engineering, planning, and surveying. Environmental, Funding & Asset Management, Geomatics, Land Development & Planning, Stormwater, Transportation, and Utilities.
Our client has offices in Charlotte, Raleigh, Cary, and Greensboro.
We are looking for a Project Engineer in the Site Civil Practice Area, primarily focusing on Site Civil and Residential projects. This is a hybrid position working out of the Charlotte, North Carolina office.
Project Engineers are responsible and accountable for systematic and consistent execution of projects which may include the supervision and management of people, resources, and clients for the mutual success of the Clients, Practice Area, and Company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate resource needs with Team members and other Practice Areas
- Forecast workload and address gaps or excessive workloads
- Manage projects, oversee and delegate tasks, and engage in design of projects
- Represent the Company in communications with clients for assigned projects regularly throughout the entire project and in marketing activities after project completion
- Prepare agreements including scope, schedule, fees, and terms and conditions and communicate to project team members
- Responsible for the financial performance of projects and proactively address changes in scope, billing processes, schedules, and any settlements
- Communicate regularly with supervisor of any significant challenge, deviation from procedures and metrics, or incidents that occurs on projects
- Responsible for oversight and approval of design, construction plans, bid documents, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Analyze complex technical problems and devise new or improved techniques, approaches, and alternative solutions
- Lead, supervise, and monitor Team Members to achieve the goals and strategies for the Practice Area
- Implement effective communication, performance management, as well as identify strategic skills needed to achieve Company, Practice Area, Team, and project goals.
- Foster a positive environment; engage in Company, Practice Area, and Team meetings routinely, team building efforts, and community involvement
- Responsible for cultivation of existing relationships including periodic client meetings, proposal, and budget development, and obtaining feedback in conjunction with Marketing and Practice Area personnel as required
- Seek opportunities for cross-selling to enhance and expand their existing client relationships during and after projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or field of expertise or equivalent experience
- Registration as a Licensed Professional in the appropriate field of expertise-PE
- 4+ years of experience in the appropriate field of expertise
- Self-motivated, engaged, and team-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Handle multiple tasks under pressure and prioritize responsibilities
- Exhibit leadership in planning and/or design concepts and methods and challenge convention
- Ability to successfully manage all internal aspects of projects/project tasks
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to mentor and lead technical staff
- Energetic, flexible, confident, and forward thinking
- AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil3D, Geopak, and/or graphic software experience
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications
Project Manager training and/or certifications
The assignment may require infrequent evening/weekend work. Candidates should enjoy working in collaborative, fast-paced, and client-driven environments.
The assignment may occasionally require repetitive physical tasks (such as operating a computer), standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time, extended time traveling in a vehicle, and carrying equipment and materials up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, military service, or other non-merit factors protected by federal, state, or local laws.