Our client is a full-service civil and environmental engineering firm serving both the private and public sectors in Cary, North Carolina. As a 100% employee-owned company, they are a uniquely self-motivated group of professionals who provide full-service engineering, planning, and surveying. Environmental, Funding & Asset Management, Geomatics, Land Development & Planning, Stormwater, Transportation, and Utilities.
Our client has offices in Charlotte, Raleigh, Cary, and Greensboro.
We are looking for Project Managers for Land Development, Utilities, Environmental, Geomatics, Stormwater and Landscape Architecture teams.
Project Managers are responsible and accountable for systematic and consistent execution of projects which may include the supervision and management of people, resources, and clients for the mutual success of the Clients, Department, and Company. Responsibilities include coordination, communication, and enforcement of Company and Department processes, procedures, and standards and the promotion of Company culture and core values.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Project, Client, and Team Management
- Coordinate resource needs with Team members and other Departments
- Forecast workload and address gaps or excessive workloads
- Manage projects, oversee and delegate tasks, and engage in design of projects
- Represent the Company in communications with clients for assigned projects regularly throughout the entire project and in marketing activities after project completion
- Prepare agreements including scope, schedule, fees, and terms and conditions and communicate to project team members
- Responsible for the financial performance of projects and proactively address changes in scope, billing processes, schedules, and any settlements
- Responsible for oversight and approval of design, construction plans, bid documents, technical specifications and construction cost estimates
Technical and Practice Leadership
- Responsible and accountable for coordination, input, and enforcement of all technical aspects and policies of the Department and Company
- Analyze complex technical problems and devise new or improved techniques, approaches, and alternative solutions
- Provide quality control/quality assurance consistent with Company and Department standards and the requirements of our clients and regulatory agencies
- Use current technology as much as practicable to design projects
- Lead, supervise, and monitor Team Members to achieve the goals and strategies for the Department
- Lead and/or participate in mentoring, career path planning and development (including training plans), performance plans, mentoring, and resource sharing for all supervised Team Members
- Implement effective communication, performance management, as well as identify strategic skills needed to achieve Company, Department, Team, and project goals.
Client and Business Development
- Responsible for cultivation of existing relationships including periodic client meetings, proposal and budget development, and obtaining feedback in conjunction with Marketing and Department personnel as required
- Seek opportunities for cross-selling to enhance and expand the existing client relationships during and after projects
- Assist in strategic pursuit of potential clients per Department initiatives and our core values
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer, PLA or applicable license
- 7+ years of engineering/industry experience with demonstrated team management experience
- Self-motivated, engaged, and team-oriented with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Strong leadership and project management skills as well as excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of contracts, accounting principles, including budgeting and forecasting
- Execute multiple tasks under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proven track record of fostering existing client relationships
The assignment may require infrequent evening/weekend work. Candidates should enjoy working in collaborative, fast-paced, and client-driven environment.
The assignment may occasionally require repetitive physical tasks (such as operating a computer), standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time, extended time traveling in a vehicle, and carrying equipment and materials up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, military service, or other non-merit factors protected by federal, state, or local laws.