Plan, designs and manages public works projects with an emphasis on Roads, Water and Wastewater Resources. Rapidly expanding company with a great reputation seeking individuals that can provide high growth potential including managing clients and office.
- Plans, designs, coordinates and manages public works projects including capital improvement projects with an emphasis on roads/water/ wastewater plant and delivery systems infrastructure.
- Manages the work and project budgets of outside consultants; develops schedules for bidding and construction; evaluates and approves selected bidders.
- Reviews and approves change orders and payment requests to outside consultants and contractors.
- Signs, seals and prepares engineering plans, reports, specifications and contract documents.
- Prepares, reviews and evaluates design/construction project schedules; investigates and resolves schedule conflicts on capital improvement projects with an emphasis on road/water/wastewater projects.
- Provides technical direction, project management, and assistance to engineering staff, consultants, developers and outside agencies regarding multiple projects.
- Provides lead expertise, technical direction and assistance to civil engineers and other technical design and construction professionals within multiple municipal departments.
- Coordinates municipal projects amongst municipal departments with other local municipalities and state and federal agencies.
- Approves materials, methods, equipment, specifications, cost estimates, change orders, pay requests and related documents utilized in the execution of construction projects.
- Prepares, presents and interprets written and oral reports on public works projects for municipal management and the public.
- Performs research, analyzes findings, and prepares recommendations for infrastructure planning needs with an emphasis on roads/water/wastewater projects.
- Responds to and resolves citizen inquiries and complaints regarding engineering projects and infrastructure.
- Assists in the development of the department, division and capital improvement budgets.
- Represents the municipal on professional and technical committees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field and five years of increasingly responsible experience as a professional engineer.
- New Jersey Licensed Professional Engineer.
- The theory, principles and practices of civil engineering
- Project management oversight and supervisory practices
- Public works design, standards and construction and the methods, materials and techniques used in the construction of public works projects
- Local and state laws, codes, ordinances and regulations governing municipal engineering
- A municipal public works infrastructure with an emphasis on road/water/wastewater delivery systems
- Basic public works contract law, bond and insurance requirements
- Sign and seal engineering plans and documents
- Develop and monitor a project budget for design and construction projects
- Make decisions regarding project priorities, costs, alternatives and value added engineering
- Perform research, analyze findings, prepare and present reports to municipal management and various municipal departments
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with municipal staff and the public
- Operate a computer and engineering applications
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying.
- EIT required with minimum of 3 years project management experience and a willingness to attend night meetings
- PE licensure preferred with minimum of 3 years project management experience and a willingness to attend night meetings
- Must obtain registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of New Jersey within six months of hire
- Valid New Jersey Driver's License