An Engineering Technician is a professional with 2 – 5 years engineering experience. This individual will provide engineering services on all phases of an assigned project under the supervision of the Project Manager.
- Perform and/or oversee civil/site design for a variety of projects including parks,
municipal infrastructure, athletic facilities, commercial developments.
- Responsible for scope, schedule, and budget adherence to assigned tasks.
- Performs routine engineering assignments requiring application of standard
techniques and procedures.
- Works independently on small assignments and assists Senior Engineers on
- Works closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Additional duties include participating in building inspections as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in AutoCad Civil 3d computer aided design software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, appropriately prioritize workflow and complete tasks on schedule and within budget
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Municipal Land Use knowledge a plus
Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering with a from an accredited four-year college or university
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) required
- Professional Engineer (PE) License is a plus
- Valid Driver's License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax. Work requires frequent and prolonged computer use. The position requires the ability to sit, stand, file, lift and carry files up to 25 pounds.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under national or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an At Will employer.