Our client is a full-service civil and environmental engineering firm serving both the private and public sectors in Cary, North Carolina. As a 100% employee-owned company, they are a uniquely self-motivated group of professionals who provide full-service engineering, planning, and surveying. Environmental, Funding & Asset Management, Geomatics, Land Development & Planning, Stormwater, Transportation, and Utilities.
Our client has offices in Charlotte, Raleigh, Cary, and Greensboro.
We are looking for a Director of Asset Management. This is a hybrid position working from any of their offices in NC at your preference.
Our client empowers communities to achieve their vision through effective asset management. This includes working closely with clients to help build a deeper understanding of their business goals and objectives. This knowledge supports the development and improvement of Operations & Maintenance Strategies, Capital Improvement Plans, Asset Management Plans, Capital Investment Plans, and the development of robust Asset Management Programs.
The Director of Asset Management has the primary responsibility to provide inspired technical and managerial leadership and expertise to their clients and internal teams. This position will provide leadership and operational management through initiating and implementing operational procedures, developing innovative technologies and production practices, personnel and budget management, and collaboration with other teams and Practice Areas to improve the overall performance and growth of the team. Promoting, implementing, and executing business/client development processes is required of this position. Responsibilities include coordination, communication, and enforcement of Company and Practice Area processes, procedures, and standards and the promotion of Company culture and core values.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Company and Team Leadership
- Maintain the systematic and consistent operations, management, supervision, administration, planning, budgeting, and operational and financial performance of the Asset Management Team.
- Represent the interests and challenges of the Asset Management Team
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, and leadership for the Asset Management Team
- Determine and implement improved and innovative techniques, approaches, and alternative solutions for deliverables and processes.
- Maintain and foster a positive work environment that embodies the Core Values and culture of collaboration and ownership by serving as a leader for communication, collaboration, and team building within the team.
- Lead, supervise, and mentor people within the team to achieve the goals and strategies for the Asset Management Team and Company and in alignment with individual career goals.
- Report and assist HR in the resolution of personnel issues within team.
Project, Client, and Team Management
- Analyze complex technical community and client problems and devise new or improved techniques, approaches, and alternative solutions.
- Conduct and delegate research of legislative and regulatory changes affecting local governments to provide quality and insightful solutions to Clients related to asset management.
- Partner with clients across the nation to identify community needs and develop asset management plans aligned with organizational business goals and objectives.
- Develop Asset Management Policy and facilitate the development of Strategic Asset Management Plans for clients
- Provide technical expertise to clients in both Tactical and Strategic Asset Management Actives including a road mapping.
- Provide technical leadership to project managers, project engineers, and staff professionals for Asset Management Projects including grant-funded projects.
Client and Business Development
- Collaborate with the Business Development team in pursuits within the Funding and Asset Management Practice Area.
- Understand, monitor, and engage in industry and professional organizations and funding mechanisms that affect the practice.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and participate in existing strategic client development and relationship processes for the Asset Management Team and Company, including client feedback.
- Seek opportunities for cross-selling and lead efforts to enhance and expand existing client relationships.
- Lead strategic pursuits of potential clients and assist with Practice Area and Company pursuits including organizing and participation in conferences/networking events.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher degree in the engineering field (Civil, Environmental), sciences, economics, business, or related field; Master’s degree and professional certifications preferred.
- 10+ years of asset management responsibility or asset management consulting experience.
- 5+ years of experience of successfully managing teams.
- Working knowledge and experience in the development and implementation of Asset Management Programs for municipal clients related to water, wastewater, stormwater, pavement, and/or facilities.
- Significant experience in the foundational elements of asset management programs including level of service, asset inventory and hierarchy development, data management practices and tools, risk determination through consequence and likelihood of failure analysis, condition assessment methodologies and strategies, maintenance strategy development, capital program justification and prioritization, and performance metrics including long term capital planning.
- Experience in advanced asset management methods and practices utilizing appropriate analytical methods and tools to assess condition and remaining useful life of assets is essential.
- Knowledge of contracts, accounting principles, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Demonstrated capabilities and skills with computer software related to asset management, capital planning, visualization tools, and CMMS systems, Specific experience and proficiency includes MS Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, and Power BI.
- Strong leadership and project management skills as well as excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated, engaged, team-oriented, communicative, and strategic thinker with demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Proven track record of mentoring and coaching.
- Energetic, flexible, confident, and forward thinking.
- Proven track record of developing existing and new client relationships and network development and maintenance.
- Acknowledged thought leader in the Industry/Sector
- Demonstrated skills in network planning and development within professional associations, NC political organizations, and various other groups that are potential targets of program marketing initiatives.
promoted work-life harmony with flexibility and associated accountability through performance. The position will require an appropriate level of effort to engage in the above qualifications with occasional evening and weekend work, occasional job site visits outdoors, and working in collaborative, fast-paced, and client-driven environments.
The assignment may occasionally require repetitive physical tasks (such as operating a computer), standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time, extended time traveling in a vehicle, and carrying equipment and materials up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, military service, or other non-merit factors protected by federal, state, or local laws.