Our client is a full-service civil and environmental engineering firm serving both the private and public sectors in Cary, North Carolina. As a 100% employee-owned company, they are a uniquely self-motivated group of professionals who provide full-service engineering, planning, and surveying. Environmental, Funding & Asset Management, Geomatics, Land Development & Planning, Stormwater, Transportation, and Utilities.
Our client has offices in Charlotte, Raleigh, Cary, and Greensboro.
We have openings for Client Success Managers on the Utilities Team in the Asheville, Cary, Charlotte, Greensboro, and Raleigh Offices.
Client Success Managers (CSMs) serve as the voice of this company and its clients. CSMs understand each client’s unique needs and business challenges and formulate and sell compelling multi-disciplinary solutions. CSMs serve as the bridge between the clients and their project delivery teams through collaboration and relationship building, while also serving as the technical subject matter expert when needed. CSMs look for and create opportunities to evolve solutions and integrate services to drive new/additional revenue streams. CSMs will be Project Champions for Projects, Teams and Clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program and Client Management
- Be responsive to clients, technical project teams, and all at company involved with either existing projects or current leads, RFQs, etc.
- Oversee projects and delegate expertise;
- Create and inspire a culture of project management and help drive proven project management tools;
- Forecast workload and address gaps or excessive workloads for projects with input from the Departments;
- Represent the Company in communications with clients for assigned projects regularly throughout the entire project;
- Prepare agreements including scope, schedule, fees, and terms and conditions;
- Responsible for the financial performance of projects and proactively address changes in scope, billing processes, schedules, and any settlements.
Client & Business Development
- Actively involved in Project Development helping clients through initial due diligence, project evaluation, etc.;
- Coordinate across the organization to ensure Client experience is tailored to meet (or exceed) the needs and expectations of the client;
- Support the Company Business Development team with attendance at BD led Client meetings, interviews, etc. as required; help educate potential clients and close deals;
- Responsible for cultivation of existing relationships including client meetings, proposal and rough budget development, and obtaining feedback in support of Marketing and Department personnel as required;
- Project development related to RFQ responses, interview presentations, meetings with potential clients, etc.;
- Seek opportunities for cross-selling to enhance and expand the existing client relationships during and after projects.
- Use any technical, subject matter expertise to mentor technical teams;
- Analyze complex technical problems and devise new or improved techniques, approaches, and alternative solutions;
- Provide quality control/quality assurance consistent with Company and Department standards (if knowledgeable) and the requirements of the clients.
- Serve as team captain and cheerleader ensuring the various project and team components are working together toward a unified goal of meeting the Client’s needs;
- Lead, supervise, mentor and monitor Technical Project Managers to achieve the goals and strategies for the Company;
- Implement effective communication, performance management, as well as identify strategic skills needed to achieve Company, Department, Team, and project goals;
- Foster a positive environment; engage in Company, Department, and Team meetings routinely, team building efforts, and community involvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Professional Engineer, or ability to obtain registration within six months
- 7+ years of engineering/industry experience with demonstrated team management experience
- Self-motivated, engaged, and team-oriented with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Strong leadership and project management skills as well as excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of contracts, accounting principles, including budgeting and forecasting
- Execute multiple tasks under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven track record of fostering existing client relationships
- Demonstrate personal investment in your career
- Energetic, flexible, confident, and forward thinking
The assignment may require infrequent evening/weekend work. Candidates should enjoy working in collaborative, fast-paced, and client-driven environments.
The assignment may occasionally require repetitive physical tasks (such as operating a computer), standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time, extended time traveling in a vehicle, and carrying equipment and materials up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, military service, or other non-merit factors protected by federal, state, or local laws.